Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Is there something like " Trend statistics "?
 Post subject: Is there something like " Trend statistics "? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 05 Dec, 2014, 21:18 

User rating: 0
Greetings,

i'm curious - are they some webpages/tools with statistical informations, which are speaking about 'trends'?

To be more specific - this is kind of information i'd like to obtain, if there is some possibility for it:

1. how long is average up/down trend
By 'how long' i mean - how many pips average trend is going up before it's starting to reverse [ even slightly ]

2. how long is average 'reverse of ongoing trend' which, after that little reversal, is still going back to it's direction.
I'll give and example to picture what i mean by that: there is uptrend, it has gone 20 pips up and then started to 'go down', but after going down to 15 pips - it started to rise again and in the end reached 40 pips. Are there some statistics that are speaking about what is average lenght of this 'go down before going up again'?

3. percentage chances data, that give info like: if the trend has gone up 10 pips without even little reverse, You have X percent chance, that it will reverse before reaching next 5 pips

4. percentage chances data, that give info like: if the trend has gone up 10 pips and is reversing, You have X percent chance, that this 'reversal dimension' will not be bigger than 3 pips

It would be best, of course, if that kind of data could be 'based' on data containing many years of pairs history - and that it could be specified for particular pair.

Thank You very much for Your answers and help,

kind regards,
nine99

Post subject: Re: Is there something like " Trend statistics "? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 08 Jan, 2015, 10:00 

Hello,

I have been using this tool, not exactly what you want but it's pretty helpful:

www.myfxdollars.com/free-trendmap

They also have a "complete" version on the members area.

Cheers!

Post subject: Re: Is there something like " Trend statistics "? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 16 Jan, 2015, 12:31 

You could test that by yourself with a simple robot. Just define when a trend starts (like SMA5 over EMA8 or with RSI or Stochasitcs or so) and when it ends. Then let the robot write a CSV with all trends it finds, inluding Open, Close and OpenTime and CloseTime.

You produce spreadsheets like this for several timeframes and enhance your trading method by adding these statistical data.

I've done that (in another setting) the same way with an Excel spreadsheet and trading results improved substantially.

Post subject: Re: Is there something like " Trend statistics "? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 24 Oct, 2015, 17:28 

Definitely. Trend trading is my main trading strategy for both stocks and forex. You must also be careful trading trends and know when to enter because trend continuation patterns can be very tricky since trends are designed for high upside returns...and thus may experience higher drawdowns.

There are many software in the market but the best trend trading that I also use is this:
Forex.MasterTrendTrading.com/ForexTrendy

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com