Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Few doubts about swaps.
 Post subject: Few doubts about swaps. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 18 Oct, 2014, 21:11 

User rating: 0
Greetings,

i have problems with understanding clearly how 'swaps' work.
Please answer my issues that i have below. Thank You very much in advance.

1 issue:
-------
I understand, that if i hold open positions after, quote,

"21:00/22:00 GMT [depending on the summer/winter season]"

swaps rates will be applied.

Please answer me, simple and clear, when precisely settlement is done at 21 gmt, and when it is
done at 22 gmt. From which exactly day of the year to which.

2 issue:
--------
On Dukascopy site and forum both there is no information about holding open positions from
friday to monday, through weekend.

What exactly happen then?

On overnight policy page there is, again, written:

"The end-of-day settlement process is done at 21:00/22:00 GMT [depending on the summer/winter
season]."

but nothing about weekends.
Please tell me precisely when, and how much of swap is applied when i hold position through
weekend. What is happening then. If there are some 'winter/summer seasons/ change about this
procedure, please point it too.

3 issue:
--------

On overnight policy page there is written:

"These trades are labeled as "rollover close" and "rollover open" respectively and can be
viewed in portfolio and intraday statements. In addition, clients can see the impact of the
carry in the position report."

First part is correct, in 'portfolio statement' there are shown 'rollover close' and 'rollover
open' transactions.

But second part, well, isn't - i have 3 positions [on demo] hold since 16.10.2014 and still
open, there are some rollovers done about them already, but in 'position report' and column
'swaps' there is still 0.00 value. Why is that?

There is no column called 'carry' at all there, or anywhere really.

So - can i easily see somewhere what kind of swap is applied to open positions?

Thank You for Your time and help,
kind regards

Post subject: Re: Few doubts about swaps. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 20 Oct, 2014, 11:37 

User rating: 164
Hi,

I suggest to contact your account manager with these questions, or drop an email to [email protected] (with a link to this forum topic). You will have faster responses.

Post subject: Re: Few doubts about swaps. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 22 Oct, 2014, 11:56 

User rating: 0
Thank You.

I've written to my account manager, but He is currently unavailable and will be for the next week.

I'm sure many of You know what happens when You hold open position through weekend, please tell me.

Thank you.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com