Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Problems with Fix Api
 Post subject: Problems with Fix Api Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 10 May, 2014, 09:58 

User rating: 0
Hi
I have a problem with start to working with fix api because I can't even login in into server. I'm using quick fix library and I trying to connect to demo-api.dukascopy.com. I was get authentication (login and password) to demo account. My IP was approved I've have two ports do communication. But I don't know if I was missing something in configuration. My configuration file look like this:

[DEFAULT]
ConnectionType=initiator
LogonTimeout=30
ReconnectInterval=30
ResetOnLogon=Y
FileLogPath=...

[SESSION]
BeginString=FIX.4.4
SenderCompID=ID to feed data
TargetCompID=...
StartDay=sunday
EndDay=friday
StartTime=00:00:00
EndTime=00:00:00
HeartBtInt=30
CheckLatency=N
MaxLatency=240
SocketConnectPort=9443 #feed port
SocketConnectHost=api.dukascopy.com
UseDataDictionary=Y
DataDictionary=DUKAFIX44.xml #downloaded file
FileStorePath=/Users/Damian/NetBeansProjects/QuickFix/sessionInfo

In code I'm adding HeartBt value, username, and password. If I trying to connect server don't responding and I totally don't know what to do. I also found nothing in logs file about why connection couldn't be established.

Post subject: Re: Problems with Fix Api Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 14 May, 2014, 15:54 

Anybody ?

Post subject: Re: Problems with Fix Api Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 14 May, 2014, 16:09 

User rating: 98
If you do not have a specific reason to use FIX, you may
find that the JForex API is fast and flexible enough for
you to do what you need with far far less trouble.

What are the reasons you wish to "dive" into FIX ?

HyperScalper

Post subject: Re: Problems with Fix Api Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 15 May, 2014, 08:44 

Hi

Thanks for replay. My reason is for example to actual prices of marked (online on every change)

Post subject: Re: Problems with Fix Api Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 15 May, 2014, 16:20 

dymber wrote:
Hi

Thanks for replay. My reason is for example to actual prices of marked (online on every change)

Not sure what you are saying, but of course you get detailed tick pricing with the JForex API.

Here is a screenshot of raw price using JForex API chart.

HyperScalper

Attachments:
FalseBreakdown3.PNG [83.58 KiB]
Downloaded 380 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Problems with Fix Api Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 20 Jul, 2014, 09:41 

User rating: 70
dymber, did you make any progress with this and what has been your overall experience?? spotted any bugs?? how reliable are the servers and price feeds?

Post subject: Re: Problems with Fix Api Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 21 Jul, 2014, 17:53 

CriticalSection wrote:
dymber, did you make any progress with this and what has been your overall experience?? spotted any bugs?? how reliable are the servers and price feeds?

Yes, please let us know !!

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com