Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

Historical tester SDK, setChartPanels
 Post subject: Historical tester SDK, setChartPanels Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 23 Nov, 2014, 23:26 

User rating: 0
Hi,
I'm in process of building custom historical tester. I'm using jython so I can't paste java code.
In my scenario I subscribe to 3 instruments, EURUSD, USDJPY and GBPUSD
For the purpose of this example I'm implementing ITesterUserInterface method setChartPanels with following jython code:

def setChartPanels(self, chartPanels):
     print "chartPanels size: %i" % chartPanels.size()
     for chart in chartPanels.keySet():
          print chart

The result of execution is:
chartPanels size: 3
EUR/USD, 30 Mins
GBP/USD, 30 Mins
USD/JPY, 30 Mins

When I play with 2nd and 3rd chart feeddescriptor in setChartPanels method, as long as I'm changing other parameters than instrument (eg. period) everything works great but when I try to change 2nd chart feedDescriptors instrument to EURUSD or supply chartController with new feedDescriptor with EURUSD instrument I end up still with three charts, each for different instrument.

I would like to have 3 charts with different time periods for one instrument, eg. EURUSD M15, EURUSD H4 and EURUSD DAILY, even though I'm subscribed to 3 instruments.

I tried to add new charts with ITesterClient.openChart call but i get "IllegalStateException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: It's not designed to open charts in back-testing at the moment"

My question is it is possible to have 3 charts open for one given instrument at a time with historical tester?

Post subject: Re: Historical tester SDK, setChartPanels Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 24 Nov, 2014, 14:06 

User rating:
Unfortunately, there is no such functionality now. But we will consider providing features, that could solve you problem.

Post subject: Re: Historical tester SDK, setChartPanels Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 25 Nov, 2014, 12:47 

User rating: 0
Ok.
Thanks for your feedback.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com