Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Stop Loss & Take Profit levels -- higher time frames
 Post subject: Re: Stop Loss & Take Profit levels -- higher time frames Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 11 Feb, 2013, 11:38 

User rating: 0
scramble wrote:
Eclipse wrote:
DumbAsArock wrote:
It seems the Stop Loss and Take Profit parameters are designed primarily for lower time frames. All the daily orders I've executed have been compromised by these restrictions.

In other words I've taken the maximum SL and TP allowed, but when I enter a trade some distance away from the current price the SL/TP levels do not reflect what I trade on my live account at Dukascopy. It's not even close.

Ironically, the contest is supposed to reflect real life trading. However, judging by the imposed restrictions it would appear the contest is designed for one hour or less time frames.

Any chance of extending the levels if you enter the trade on a higher time frame?

Thanks.

Dear support,

I have same thought as DumbAsArock.

I have long observed that the maximum allowable S/L, for example, for Eur/Jpy, ± 254 pips is insufficient for mid to long-term trading, in case there is surge due to some news, which usually move the pair more than 290 pips range like yesterday, even for trade position using low margin would still be disadvantageous, i.e. loss in pip points. Therefore an increase to maximum allowable S/L range would be reasonable for mid to longer term trading.

Thanks

hello,
if price goes in your direction, you can enlarge your TP!
you can always enlarge your TP as long as it stay within 2% or so from current price.
so if short EJ 127.00 tp 250pips once price reach near 125 you can enlarge tp to 123.50. once reach 124 you can enlarge to 121.50. once reach 122.00 you can enlarge to 119.50. just to see price reversing straight to 127 again. LOL.
just my view :)

yes, done that if trend favors my direction, was referring to if trend goes against :)

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com