Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

The strategy appears to be "running" but it doesn't work
 Post subject: The strategy appears to be "running" but it doesn't work Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 05 May, 2011, 14:03 

User rating: -
This is the first month I joined the Strategy contest and I am sorry I didn't discover the contest earlier.
I have to say that I uploaded my strategy and appears to be "Running", however no trades are made.
I am sure that the strategy works correctly because I have tested it even since the beginning of the
month. I was surprised to see that on historical tester it did almost 10 trades with 10.000$ profit, however
that isn't reflected on my contest blog or my balance.
I did my best learning about Jforex strategies on wiki page and documentation but I agree it
could be my fault. Anyway most of the strategies in this month aren't doing anything so maybe it could be a bug
or something.
Please check it just to make sure everything works perfectly.

Post subject: Re: The strategy appears to be "running" but it doesn't work Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 06 May, 2011, 17:05 

User rating: 0
I have the same problem. Several trades made in the historical tester since the beginning of the contest, yet nothing on my account balance. I even logged into the demo platform viewer and nothing has happened.

Contest Support: could this have something to do with the onStart method of calling instruments? I tried putting the code from your "Recommendations" web page into my strat, but it caused errors I couldn't fix, so I took it out again. The strategy compiles and runs perfectly in the historical tester on my demo and live accounts.

Any help would be appreciated!

Post subject: Re: The strategy appears to be "running" but it doesn't work Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 07 May, 2011, 13:14 

User rating: 1
Hello Contest Support:

I have the same issue with my contest account. The strategy appears to be running although no trades are opened whereas compared with Historical tester I have some trades. The only difference is that I had to comment the instrument subscription statement because it fails when running on Historical Tester.

Though I have made 11 uploads I had only tested and ran 10 because one the uploads I had forgotten to uncomment the instrument subscription statement and did not run that version so I should had only run at the most 10 times.
Could you please have a look ?

Login: DEMOSC05wWLmY

Thank you
cyberalgo

Post subject: Re: The strategy appears to be "running" but it doesn't work Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 09 May, 2011, 02:37 

I seem to be having the same problem. In fact, on my "VIEW ONLY" Demo, it states that the strategy has stopped, but on "My Strategies" page is shows it running?

My strategy should be pretty out statements using " console.getOut().println" type statements, but nothing is coming up in my demo. Should I be seeing the program statements??

Post subject: Re: The strategy appears to be "running" but it doesn't work Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 09 May, 2011, 10:56 

User rating: 0
Hello,

The same with my strategy, it open order in historical tester but don't open in the contest.
I take all the instruction gave by support....

I think is not my strategy problem, because i develop another for the contestant "AVEC" and it's run ok, and open orders.

my nick LinnuxFX

thanks,

linnux

Post subject: Re: The strategy appears to be "running" but it doesn't work Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 12 May, 2011, 18:40 

User rating: 1
Hello Contest Support,

Just for information that before my strategy did not open any orders and seemed on a silent state but now it is somehow opening orders all I did was to upload the same version and repeat the procedure and select it to run.

That was it!

cyberalgo

Post subject: Re: The strategy appears to be "running" but it doesn't work Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 13 May, 2011, 07:38 

I have good news. I figure it out how to make the strategies work. Actually it's the same solution as Dukascopy said in the "Recommendations".
Just add the following code to your onStart function:

Set subscribedInstruments = new HashSet();
subscribedInstruments.add(Instrument.EURUSD);
context.setSubscribedInstruments(subscribedInstruments);

However, it's true that I have tried it before and didn't work, but the code doesn't mean it has to be copied pasted. It has to be adapted to your strategy. I am refering especially to (Instrument.EURUSD) because you could use a variable or something and you have to write that instead.

Thanks for answering to this post and good luck with your strategies making them work.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com