Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Stopping a strategy
 Post subject: Stopping a strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 01 May, 2011, 07:09 

User rating: 0
Hello support,
Here is may question about the new rules for strategy contest:

Can we stop manually the strategy to preserve the performance like one can do when using a strategy in a real account.

I mean if on May 24th, my balance is 198000 $ and I think that my strategy won't make better or will loose money since that point, can I just stop it ?

Thank you for the answer,
Tacite 2

Post subject: Re: Stopping a strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 May, 2011, 09:57 

User rating: 8
Tacite2 wrote:
Hello support,
Here is may question about the new rules for strategy contest:

Can we stop manually the strategy to preserve the performance like one can do when using a strategy in a real account.

I mean if on May 24th, my balance is 198000 $ and I think that my strategy won't make better or will loose money since that point, can I just stop it ?

Thank you for the answer,
Tacite 2

No, you can't do this. You can't control strategy any more once it's uploaded. It's also prohibited to set equity targets in the strategy code.

Dukascopy expects Participants to adhere to the following list of recommendations:

-The strategy algorithm has to be symmetrical for opening long and short positions.
-It is strongly discouraged to include built-in forecasts, hardcoded prices targets.
-It is strongly prohibited to set any equity targets and switch the strategy into "hibernate mode".
-The back-testing result has to be adequate and similar to the live trading results.

Please note that updated are allowed only once during the contest month. Updates are intended for bug fixing only and should not change the trading algorithm.

Post subject: Re: Stopping a strategy Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 06 May, 2011, 06:09 

User rating: 0
Thank you for your clear answer.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com