Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Exception in Historical Tester
 Post subject: Exception in Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 27 Apr, 2011, 22:58 

User rating: 0
Hi Support,
I pasted in OnStart method the following lines:

Set subscribedInstruments = context.getSubscribedInstruments();
        subscribedInstruments.add(Instrument.EURUSD);
        context.setSubscribedInstruments(subscribedInstruments);

the strategy compiles; then I tried to backtesting it and I received in Historical Tester the following
Exception:

21:44:51 Strategy tester: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException @ FrankStrategy_2011_05.onStart(FrankStrategy_2011_05.java:58)

the line 58 is

Best regards,
Frank

Post subject: Re: Exception in Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 28 Apr, 2011, 08:10 

User rating: 8
In Historical Tester you simply have to click the currencies that you're subscribing to. Hardcoded version will not work.

Post subject: Re: Exception in Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 28 Apr, 2011, 22:38 

Hello support,

I get the same Exception, and i enderstand your explanation, but i still have another question,
Is it really needed to have the following code in the strategy for it works in the remote servers?

Set subscribedInstruments = context.getSubscribedInstruments();
context.setSubscribedInstruments(subscribedInstruments);

Because i don't have this peace of code in the past and my strategy runs good in the remote servers.

Thanks,

linnux

Post subject: Re: Exception in Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 29 Apr, 2011, 09:20 

Yes, for May you need to have this peace of code.

The Remote Server subscribes to the currencies from the platform. But in May you will you Dukascopy Forex Community web-site to run your strategy. You will upload the strategy right from the web-site and you need to indicate the subscribed currencies in the strategy code.

Post subject: Re: Exception in Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 29 Apr, 2011, 15:35 

Hello again,

I have this peace of code, a litle diferent from yours, but this work with the Historical Tester, could i use it instead the other, or this one don´t work in the remote servers?

Set<Instrument> instSet = new HashSet<Instrument>();
instSet.add(Instrument.NZDUSD);
context.setSubscribedInstruments(instSet);

Thanks,

linnux

Post subject: Re: Exception in Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 02 May, 2011, 16:36 

User rating: -
This is bit confusing dunno abut this and got stuck. The strategy is getting stopped by the remote server.

Post subject: Re: Exception in Historical Tester Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 03 May, 2011, 09:44 

linnux wrote:
Hello again,

I have this peace of code, a litle diferent from yours, but this work with the Historical Tester, could i use it instead the other, or this one don´t work in the remote servers?

Set<Instrument> instSet = new HashSet<Instrument>();
instSet.add(Instrument.NZDUSD);
context.setSubscribedInstruments(instSet);

Thanks,

linnux

Yes, you can use this snippet. I think we might even recommend this snippet to everyone else because it does not give exception in the Historical Tester.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com