Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

use strategy contest strategies?
 Post subject: use strategy contest strategies? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Oct, 2014, 04:56 

User rating: 0
How can I download and use a strategy from the contest? It downloads as a vfs file. Can I compile it to a jfx? 8-)

Post subject: Re: use strategy contest strategies? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Oct, 2014, 13:13 

User rating: 164
Hi,
.vfs is a Visual JForex file.
You can convert it to .java, which can be compiled into .jfx.

Take a look on this topic.

Post subject: Re: use strategy contest strategies? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 03 Oct, 2014, 15:36 

User rating: 0
I tried that before but when I opened the visual tab it wouId give me errors. Seems JForex gets confused if there's more than one file in there. It's working now but...

Why is optimization greyed out, and also there is not message on the bottom with results? Are the indicators from the strategy contest ready to use or must they be modified first? Thank you.

Post subject: Re: use strategy contest strategies? Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sun 05 Oct, 2014, 19:57 

User rating: 164
I can only guess what exactly are you talking about. Could you be a bit more specific about the issues you face?
Quote:
I tried that before but when I opened the visual tab it would give me errors.

What have you tried? What error did you get?

Quote:
Why is optimization greyed out

Optimization (as far as I know) is a feature of the Historical Tester. How is the Historical Tester came into the picture?

Quote:
and also there is not message on the bottom with results?

Message of what? And also, bottom of what?

Quote:
Are the indicators from the strategy contest ready to use or must they be modified first?

As far as I know, there are no strategy contest based indicators. They (the indicators) are all the same. You don't have to modify them at all.
Or are you referring to strategies of the strategy contest instead of indicators?

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com