Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Strategy opening lot of positions
 Post subject: Strategy opening lot of positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 22 Sep, 2014, 19:55 

User rating: 0
Hello, I tried to do a simple strategy because I'm new in visual Jforex. This strategy has an 100 SMA, evaluates if the last value of it is less than the price high, if it is then check if its greater than the close, in other words it checks if it bounced on the SMA as a resistance. if it did, then it should open a sell on market. But when I run the strategy it opens sells even if the 100sma its far away from the price.

If anyone can help me understand this, thanks

Attachments:
prueba.vfs [23.8 KiB]
Downloaded 96 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Strategy opening lot of positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 23 Sep, 2014, 14:00 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi,

Welcome to this forum and to Visual Jforex !
I've checked your strategy and I've just added a period filter just to make sure you're trading on the right period (5mn). Please check the attached copy.

Attachments:
prueba_1.vfs [22.63 KiB]
Downloaded 108 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Strategy opening lot of positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 27 Sep, 2014, 04:45 

Thanks Amine. I have another doubt but not sure if continue on this post or create a new one. I'm trying to find information about trailing stop but don't know where to search, I didn't find anything here. I don't know how to set it, if it should be when I open the trade or on TradeEvent. I really don't understand well hos this TradeEvent work.

Another and hopefully last thing I would like to know its how to get the distance in pips from price to another price. What I want to do its open a trade and set the SL a few pips away the 200 sma. I thought I could do that changing the settings of the open trade function from pips to price, but the problem its that it changes to the take profit variable too and I want to set my take profit according pips and not price.

Thanks for your help

Post subject: Re: Strategy opening lot of positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 29 Sep, 2014, 11:07 

Hi There,

We can continue to talk in this post for this time,
I've attached an example of Trailing step use (Custom trailing step, you can replace it also by the regular Trailing Stop block) including some comments.
For the Trade Event start point, it is based on the messages that the strategy receives : Concretely, when you open your Jforex platform and click on messages tab you'll find all the messages received by the platform. These messages are used for the Trade Event flow and can enhance your strategy depending on its conditions. You need to bear in mind that the Trade Event flow is executed ONLY when a message is received which means if I have an order that get filled I will receive a single FILL message one time and my trade event flow will be executed only one time. So don't expect it to be continuously executed in a loop.

I did not fully understand the second point, but I've added an example of price checking: it calculates the price distance in pips from a tick to another.
Hope this helps.

Attachments:
Tick_check.vfs [20.31 KiB]
Downloaded 106 times
TrailingStepTut.vfs [30.75 KiB]
Downloaded 115 times

Post subject: Re: Strategy opening lot of positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 01 Oct, 2014, 17:01 

Thanks for the answer. I haven't checked it yet because I've been busy, but do you know if its allowed on the strategy contest to use trailing step? Haven't really read anything about it on the rules.

thanks!

Post subject: Re: Strategy opening lot of positions Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 02 Oct, 2014, 08:56 

Hi,

I' don't really know but you can raise this question in the contest forum and they will help you.

Thanks

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com