Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Error:Strategy opens each day one more pending order
 Post subject: Error:Strategy opens each day one more pending order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 28 Jul, 2014, 10:26 

User rating: 0
Hello everyone

The strategy is designed to put pending orders on some important price levels. In this demonstration is it price 170.

I want to strategy can open only one pending order on each instrument, for this purpose I use trade_count.

Strategy problem is, that first day opens one, second two, third three etc. pending orders, even if i put if pending positions:position amount must be less than 1.

Many thanks for your ideas.

bye

PS:I think it is bug.

Attachments:
too_much_pending_orders.vfs [44.07 KiB]
Downloaded 122 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Error:Strategy opens each day one more pending order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Jul, 2014, 09:28 

similar problem discussed here

viewtopic.php?f=141&t=49506&p=73192&hilit=pivot#p73192

Post subject: Re: Error:Strategy opens each day one more pending order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Jul, 2014, 09:48 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi there,

I've made a minor modification to your strategy (The counter incrementation link after pending open block) : it has to be linked to the order submit creation and not out of the 'single flow' exit.
The strategy works fine and submit an order @172 (for display reasons, but feel free to change your price) and then cancelled and counter reset to 0.

Thanks

Attachments:
too_much_pending_orders_1.vfs [44.39 KiB]
Downloaded 71 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Error:Strategy opens each day one more pending order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 29 Jul, 2014, 14:04 

Sorry, but your strategy works same as my strategy posted above. First day 1 pending position is in queue, second day two positions and on Thursday we end with four pending positions on one price.

My problem was not, that strategy does not open pending order, but that is opening day after day one more pending position.

I want to make it open only one pending order. It seems, that strategy is programed correctly, but is not.

It is paradox, even if is set up condition position amount <1.

Post subject: Re: Error:Strategy opens each day one more pending order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 30 Jul, 2014, 10:54 

Is there some other way do do this?

Post subject: Re: Error:Strategy opens each day one more pending order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 30 Jul, 2014, 16:29 

Hi,

Can you please send us your test results .? Did you tested using Jfores Historical tester or Visual Jforex ?

Also, what is the reason behind the use of Ontick start ? It could be also feasible using candle start as well.

I'll post an example asap.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Error:Strategy opens each day one more pending order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 30 Jul, 2014, 16:57 

I used Visual Jforex.
On candle does´t work too.
I don´t know how to get test log.
Thanks for links referring to that.

Attachments:
too_much_pending_orders_1candle.vfs [45.3 KiB]
Downloaded 93 times

Post subject: Re: Error:Strategy opens each day one more pending order Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 31 Jul, 2014, 14:38 

Greetings,

I think that you are making a confusion:
The numbers behind the pending orders that you are seeing in the historical tester are NOT the numer of submitted orders BUT just a reference numbers. The only way to check pending order submit is a test made using Jforex i.e export the strategy to Jforex and perform a historical tester then check the detailed report once the the test is over.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com