Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Modularisation in Visual JForex
 Post subject: Modularisation in Visual JForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 18 Oct, 2014, 17:13 

User rating: 1
I think it's fair to say that modularisation is considered a key aspect of programming languages. Otherwise if a non-trivial block of code gets used in more than one place, it needs to be rewritten or copied. For example, a standard calculation with a certain number of inputs that is used with different data.

In Visual JForex, it is easy to imagine how a combination of elements with some inputs and outputs could be stored as a block and reused, but I am not sure how to do this. Strategies can be stored, but they only output signals and are restricted to certain types of input if I understand correctly. It must not have been much simpler to implement this than to have implemented a completely general user-definable block.

If it isn't part of the current functionality, it would high on my list of requests, because it provides such a lot of power for one modification.

Post subject: Re: Modularisation in Visual JForex Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Mon 20 Oct, 2014, 10:11 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Hi

Thanks for your post,
One of VJForex goals is provide such aspect of modular programming or at least try to cover some of it and improve it in ad hoc basis. The use of a whole set of blocks that represents a given strategyu of a function is indeed possible and you already noticed that a strategy used a single block could either generate signal or run independently (ie normal run). It is also possible to define a certain number of variables as "Global variables" that will be available later for a quick modification inside your strategy block:

Please try this and let us know your thoughts/feedback.

Thanks

Attachments:
StrategyAsBlock.JPG [51.66 KiB]
Downloaded 336 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Modularisation in Visual JForex Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 08 Dec, 2014, 09:29 

User rating: 0
The Last Good development posts I ask you again to you.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com