Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Let´s make it simple.
 Post subject: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 28 Aug, 2013, 12:36 

User rating: 0
Hi I was working a strategy very simple, I just set a pending order with a set price, a stop loss price and a take profit price.

The strategy check before entry the pending order IF there is an order already buy, and if not and the price hit the target price entry a new buy order.

In this example I used yesterdays period (27 August 2013).

The price pending orders for buy 1.3376
SL 1.3366 10 pibs
Tp 1.3386 10 pibs

And when I run the estrategy the first buy works good (buying at the set price and tp sell order ok. But the second order doesn´t buy at the pending order price (it bought at a higher price! :o ).

The next one buy ok and tp ok, the next one worked fine to, but the several next are wrong looks like the program went crazy as you an see at the picture.

Anyone can help me wiht this problem. Because Im so lost finding the right way. I will apreciatte, thanks

Attachments:
hlx7_prueba.vfs [31.49 KiB]
Downloaded 497 times
hlx7_prueba_28082013_105953.pdf [296.67 KiB]
Downloaded 547 times
CHART.png [58.85 KiB]
Downloaded 1103 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 28 Aug, 2013, 13:51 
Site Administrator

User rating:
The strategy works when tested in Visual JForex, but not if tested in JForex.

We are working on it.

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 28 Aug, 2013, 14:25 

Ok thanks Bruno but the question is Will work in my real account Jforex or not?

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 29 Aug, 2013, 00:20 

User rating: 9
Bruno_Grunberg wrote:
The strategy works when tested in Visual JForex, but not if tested in JForex.

We are working on it.

I have make more than strategy some of them work well in vjforex but in jforex didn't work, please from Technical Support try to
solve this problem
thanks

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 29 Aug, 2013, 07:13 
Site Administrator

User rating:
Quote:
I have make more than strategy some of them work well in vjforex but in jforex didn't work

Please post here such strategies. It is critical for us to indentify the problems causing that.
This bug has highest priority.

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 29 Aug, 2013, 16:45 
Site Administrator

User rating:
It will work the same in LIVE and DEMO.

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 02 Oct, 2013, 16:08 

Dukascopy team;

The bug is still and the strategy does not buy at the same price all the time. Could you tell me when it will be fixed?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 04 Oct, 2013, 11:40 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating:
Greetings.

Developers confirmed that it is not a bug but a problem in logic of strategy.

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 07 Oct, 2013, 13:19 

Hi Vadim, its good to see you.

Bruno told me that there is a bug in Jforex but not in VisualJforex.

And you tell me that the problem is the strategy. So could you help me with that. I just need to put a pending order at a PRICE AND BUY ALL THE TIME THE CANDEL HIT THAT PRICE. So simple but I still 2 monts working on it.

Im sure you know the answer.

thank a lot Vadim

Jorge González

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 07 Oct, 2013, 15:54 

User rating:
So your strategy will open pending Stop Buy order at 1.3376 every 10 minutes if there is no Pending or Open positions.
If market is below 1.3376 it will set Stop Buy at 1.3376 with TP at 1.3386. That will be ok.
But if market is above 1.3376 then it will open position at market price with TP at 1.3386, because market price already satisfies the condition: open if Bid >= 1.3376.
And even worse, if market is above 1.3386 (TP) then it will open position at market price and close it immidiately, because market price already satisfies both conditions: openif Bid >= 1.3376 and close Bid >= 1.3386.
That is how Stop Orders and Take Profits work.

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 07 Oct, 2013, 16:49 

Hi Vadim:

What I was thinking is that when I trade manually the Jforex, I put a pending order BUY STOP BY ASK when the price is smaller than the pending order, and when the price cross up that price the order get trigger.

So if I put a pending order Buy stop (no open at market), that should buy at that price and no any price bigger.

Anyways, Can I block a price for buy or sell anytime at that price. for example that anytime the price get 1.30010 buy. and if in one day the price 1.30010 is hit 5 times (if there is no open order) the order enter the five times at the same price.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 Oct, 2013, 11:47 

User rating:
One more detail.
What should program do if price is already above your Stop Buy Price?

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 Oct, 2013, 11:55 

vadim_berezhnoj wrote:
One more detail.
What should program do if price is already above your Stop Buy Price?

Hi Vadim;

The program has to place a pending order BUY STOP BY ASK at a determinated and fixed price level. So if the price is higer the pending order wait to be hit (the order just wait and doesnt executed until get hit). And just 1 order at each moment.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 Oct, 2013, 12:36 

User rating:
You have not answered my question.

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 08 Oct, 2013, 12:46 

Hi Vadim; above the pending order set price does not do anything...here is the picture example. :D

Attachments:
buystop.png [12.41 KiB]
Downloaded 777 times
DISCLAIMER: Dukascopy Bank SA's waiver of responsability - Documents, data or information available on this webpage may be posted by third parties without Dukascopy Bank SA being obliged to make any control on their content. Anyone accessing this webpage and downloading or otherwise making use of any document, data or information found on this webpage shall do it on his/her own risks without any recourse against Dukascopy Bank SA in relation thereto or for any consequences arising to him/her or any third party from the use and/or reliance on any document, data or information found on this webpage.

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 Oct, 2013, 11:16 

User rating:

Buy Stop order does not work this way.
Actions 1 and 2 are correct, but then come the trouble.
If you place Buy Stop right after action 2 then it will be executed at the same moment and price. Because price at mark 2 is already above stop level.
You can wait until price goes below the level and stop buy order only after that. So actions 3 and 4 would never happen.

Attachments:
buystop.png [14.17 KiB]
Downloaded 752 times

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 Oct, 2013, 16:20 

That is ok Vadim;

You know ir real account with real money for 1 tick just trigger the order buy stop ask...in demo the candel works diferent...but that is another story. (I just draw an example not really fine do) but we got the idea so thats great.

Here I go again with my fail strategy. Sorry if I look boring but I really need to finish right this strategy;

I get one of your strategies for get the high of 6am candel. And I put a pending buy stop order at that highest. I run the program and what i get is that the first buy is at 1 am in the morning, and should open an order after 6am. Then some trades work well but there are others that does not work at all.

I send my strategy, please take a look when you have time.

Thanks a lot. :idea:

Attachments:
strategy_fails.vfs [49.73 KiB]
Downloaded 291 times
strategy_fails.png [93.02 KiB]
Downloaded 770 times

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 09 Oct, 2013, 16:41 

And this is in demo JFOREX... but still not work fine.

Attachments:
Chart_EUR_USD_5 Mins_snapshot.png [44.98 KiB]
Downloaded 761 times

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Thu 10 Oct, 2013, 11:16 

User rating:
First, I'v never created the strategy you'v attached.

You get Day of the Month not Hours.

Calculate SL and TP before using them.

Whole OnTick part will give you only High of H1 candle at 6 AM. I'm not sure that is what you wanted.

And in conclusion:

Attachments:
strategy_fails.png [104.82 KiB]
Downloaded 735 times
Pic2.png [65.55 KiB]
Downloaded 714 times
Pic1.png [30.12 KiB]
Downloaded 708 times

Post subject: Re: Let´s make it simple. Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 Oct, 2013, 16:56 

Hi Vadim how is it going?

I rebuilt the strategy and now works fine at VisualJf, buy stop works right all the time as you can see in this picture above. Just a problem "order state immutable" and stops strategy at 15:30 gmt? I dont know why happens.

So when I run the same compilated strategy at Jforex platform, the strategy dont do anything at all. I read several post about this order state immutable problem and even changing at my platform jforex the preferences, disable stop strategies on excepcion (as the Dukascopy experts say....did not work at all No position opened). Also the pending order I put Buy Stop, when I compiled and recorded I open again the file at visualjf and the pending order change to buy stop by BID... WHY?

At this point how can I go forward?

Thank you

Attachments:
worksbuy_4.vfs [62.32 KiB]
Downloaded 287 times
visualjforex.png [75.36 KiB]
Downloaded 697 times

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com