Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Advanced Order Management Program
 Post subject: Advanced Order Management Program Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 25 Aug, 2014, 16:07 

User rating: 0
Dear Dukascopy Community,

I am looking for a program for the J-Forex platform that can partially automate my trading. If I can't find something that will work then I will have to hire a programmer or learn to program myself. I don't expect the program to fully automate my trading.

I am not a programmer but I will explain what the program needs to do as best as I can. If you have any questions just message me and I will try to explain it further.

I need a program that will enter in and delete pending orders automatically based on what happens with the price or if my trades have either taken profit or stopped out. For example, if I have a pending buy stop at 1.2500 for the EUR/USD that I have entered in manually or is set to open from within the program then I need to configure that order in way in a window that if it takes profit then it will either delete a pending order(s) or enter in a new pending order(s) at a particular price and amount sl, tp, etc. Not only that but the order management would be kind of daisy chained in a way. This is really hard for me to explain but I will try using another example here.

If I manually enter in pending buy stop at 1.2500 and the tp is 10 pips and the stop loss is 25 pips and the trade is opened then I need the program to do this. If the trade takes profit either do nothing or delete order(s) that I specify. If the trade is stopped out then enter in orders, buy stops or sell stops with amount, exchange rate, tp, sl, slippage that I specify. Then it would be nice to be able to configure the the orders or trades that I set after the very first trade to do the same thing as before where if those orders are opened then I can set further actions to be taken by entering in trades, orders, or deleting order or set amount to take a trade.

I don't know if any program like this exists. I am kind of limited by my trading method because of FIFO so I need to be able to trade by units instead of lot size. I like the J-forex platform because the spreads are really tight even though slippage at times can be bad but I would rather have more slippage than a spread that widens so much that I get jinxed on fast moving markets and breakouts where if I set my stops to tight I get stopped out on my pending buy and sell stops right when the order gets opened. I also like the ability to enter in long positions by bid instead of ask and vice versa with pending orders. That helps sometimes when the spread widens.

I started my trading journey about 5 years ago. It took a lot of time and I looked over many different methods. I eventually came up with my own and it really isn't related at all to anything I read in a book or on any website. I am proud of what I have accomplished so far and last year I posted my first gains for a year. My first year I lost just like most people but I adjusted my methods and they have evolved. The problem is that I have no help in managing my trades and sleep deprivation, fatigue, etc derail my trading because I just can't physically and psychologically carry out my live trading. If I can get a program made to help manage my trading then I think I can be successful. The program would also help me be able to maintain a full-time job while I trade. Starting off I don't plan to make enough but I do think that I can get a good return on my investment and I am hoping that I can build up my available margin enough that I can be financially independent.

So, if anybody out there has any ideas or any suggestions that could help me I would greatly appreciate it. Trade on

Post subject: Re: Advanced Order Management Program Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 05 Sep, 2014, 18:19 

If anybody knows of a program for the J-forex that will partially automate some of the pending order entry then please let me know.

Post subject: Re: Advanced Order Management Program Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Sep, 2014, 14:18 
Visual JForex expert at Dukascopy

User rating: 288
Greetings,

Thanks for your post.
Visual Jforex platform can handle partial automated trading. You can specify whether a given positions / order is done by the automate or manually. As far as I understood from your description, the remaining conditions can be built using Visual Jfroex platform with no major constraints but you need to start programing using Visual Jforex platform and if you need any help let us know.
There is plenty of videos available in YouTube when you look-up using the key word "Visual Jforex" : several lessons and trading ideas are explained so this would be a valuable help for you as a start.

Thanks !

Post subject: Re: Advanced Order Management Program Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 09 Sep, 2014, 17:20 

Thank you for the advice. I looked at the visual J-forex platform a couple weeks ago. I will have to spend more time learning how to use the program and understand how it works because the first time I tried I was lost about what to do. Time...patience.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com