Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Historical Tester - Optimization - reports
 Post subject: Historical Tester - Optimization - reports Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 15 Oct, 2014, 10:26 

User rating: 0
Hi,

I am using the historical tester optimization extensively. This is an incredibly powerful tool!

I run a very large number of permutations of strategies, optimizing on many parameters. I look for pools of positive results within these hundreds/thousands of strategy runs to identify sustainable parameter ranges and to minimize the risk of data fitting.

1. While it is helpful that reports are available for the individual strategy/parameters, it would be great if the full optimization window (parameters, results i.e. PL and profit factor) can be exported in csv (excel) format for further analysis and processing.

2. Could you consider offering additional optimization outputs, e.g. drawdown, variance, VaR, etc as selectables?

3. Clearly, running hundreds/thousands of parallel strategies in the optimizer is very CPU intensive. Can you consider designing the optimizer to utilize multiple CPU cores to reduce the run time?

Thanks for your exceptional backtester (!) and for considering above

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com