Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

JForex Mobile App: Possibility to stop running strategies
 Post subject: JForex Mobile App: Possibility to stop running strategies Post rating: 1   New post Posted: Sat 05 Jul, 2014, 11:53 

User rating: 11
Hello Support,

it would be helpful if one could start/stop strategies from the mobile app.
Is this somehow doable?

Thanks,
Juergen

Post subject: Re: JForex Mobile App: Possibility to stop running strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 Jul, 2014, 10:14 

User rating: 1
Most DEFINITELY would be a plus!!!

Post subject: Re: JForex Mobile App: Possibility to stop running strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 11 Jul, 2014, 15:47 

User rating: 98
Yes, but the requirement needs to be specified.

You could mean:

1) Start/Stop strategies on Remote Server, or
2) You could be asking for Strategies to be runnable
on the mobile device
3) so what exactly are you asking for ?

I have requested that a subset of the Strategy API,
call it "the Mobile Strategy API", be available so that
these Strategies could be developed to run on the
mobile device using a Strategy Developer SDK under Android.

They would be integrated as "strategy plugins" within
the SWFX Trader application, and would run as background
tasks on the Android device.

This leaves the non-Android guys out in the cold, but
who cares about them ? Only kidding, of course....

HyperScalper

Post subject: Re: JForex Mobile App: Possibility to stop running strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Mon 14 Jul, 2014, 14:16 

User rating: 1
What I'd like to be able to do, using the JForex development platform or otherwise, is write and develop strategies, leave them running locally on my computer, and then log in sometimes whilst I'm elsewhere ( agreed, ANDROID phone ;-) ), and see the console messages being displayed by the strategy.

Also, being able to start and stop them remotely from my phone (still with local run on my own desktop). Or even, like you just suggested, start and stop them simply from the phone ( presumably if using true remote-run ). Again, ideally with the ability to view live program generated console output, when so desired.

Sound useful to anyone else?

Cheers

Post subject: Re: JForex Mobile App: Possibility to stop running strategies Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 22 Jul, 2014, 16:31 

User rating: 98
Forex_Monkey wrote:
What I'd like to be able to do, using the JForex development platform or otherwise, is write and develop strategies, leave them running locally on my computer, and then log in sometimes whilst I'm elsewhere ( agreed, ANDROID phone ;-) ), and see the console messages being displayed by the strategy.

Also, being able to start and stop them remotely from my phone (still with local run on my own desktop). Or even, like you just suggested, start and stop them simply from the phone ( presumably if using true remote-run ). Again, ideally with the ability to view live program generated console output, when so desired.

Sound useful to anyone else?

Cheers

If we have a Plugin type of environment to develop modules which run within
the SWFX Trader on the mobile device, then we can use network communications
to implement complex solutions like that. But to be able to do stuff on your Desktop
from your Android device doesn't sound to me that useful.

But, how about this? I haven't looked, but there may be a VNC variation available
on Android, and then you could connect to your Desktop which was running a VNC
server? That could be a possibility?...... Might want a larger Tablet type Android
device, but there may very well be a VNC client app for Android?...

HyperScalper

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com