Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

EST as Time Zone for Charts
 Post subject: EST as Time Zone for Charts Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Fri 18 Apr, 2014, 12:06 

User rating: 0
Dear Dukascopy Support Team,

I noticed that it is possible to adjust the time zone for the charts (for calculation of start/end of trading days and display of daily candles) to UTC or EET, only.

It would be great, if it were possible to adjust it to EST (Eastern Standard Time), too. That way the charts would be real New York close charts, which would be perfect for many traders, as the NY close is widely held as the most important for a proper daily candle. It should be 5 daily candles per week, too.

Personally, I only use NY close charts for my trades based on the daily charts. So, until Dukascopy will offer that time zone option, I would always need to use the charts of another broker that offers NY close charts for my chart analysis. I assume that many fellow traders have the same problem...

Thank you very much in advance for considering my suggestion.

Regards,
Henning

EDIT: In the meantime, I saw that I am not the only one asking for that option (would have been a surprise anyway, as NY close candles are essential for many traders). It seems that this function will be available in JForex4?

Post subject: Re: EST as Time Zone for Charts Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 22 Apr, 2014, 17:06 
JForex Master

User rating:
It is possible in JForex4 already. However, you need to understand that Dukascopy opens Forex market in EET zone. As a result, there will be 6 day candles in every week, if you shift them by EST. Market will open on Sunday in that case.
You cannot set session limits, you can only shift the day start time.

Henning993 wrote:
I would always need to use the charts of another broker that offers NY close charts for my chart analysis.

Does this broker ignores the European or Asian sessions in daily charts? Can you name few samples?

Post subject: Re: EST as Time Zone for Charts Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Sat 26 Apr, 2014, 12:07 

User rating: 0
Thank you for your reply.

O.K. so it is available in JForex4...trouble is that live trading is not possible with JForex4 as of yet (hope it will be, soon), so I was actually hoping that this will be implemented into the current JForex platform. ;-)
Or will there be no more updates in JForex, because JForex4 is in the test phase already? Is there any rough estimation on when JForex4 will be available for live trading?

It doesn't matter when Dukascopy opens trading, you could nevertheless print the new daily candles starting at NY close. And you could print 5 candles a week by merging the Sunday/Monday candle into one candle. This way the Asian markets on Sundays are not ignored, too.

Example: FXCM UK (my other broker). They are GMT, but nevertheless have NY close charts (new daily candle starts at market close in New York) with 5 candles, only (by merging Sun/Mon, as described above). So, currently, I still need to have their platform open to do my chart analysis.

Many thanks in advance for your feedback.

Regards,

Henning

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com