Dukascopy

Wiki JStore Search Login

Attention! Read the forum rules carefully before posting a topic.

Try to find an answer in Wiki before asking a question.
    Submit programming questions in this forum only.
    Off topics are strictly forbidden.

Any topics which do not satisfy these rules will be deleted.

JForex Multi Core
 Post subject: JForex Multi Core Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Tue 05 Jan, 2010, 13:37 

User rating: 0
I have a question concerning the multi core abilities of the JForex platform. I figured that the historical tester sometimes runs on both of my cpu cores, while sometimes it only uses one. How can I influence the number of cores used for testing? What is the maximum number of cores? Increasing the process priority didn't help.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: JForex Multi Core Post rating: 0   New post Posted: Wed 06 Jan, 2010, 14:08 

User rating:
The way how program uses your cores depends on operating system. It's a duty of OS to provide one of the cores to the every thread in program. If it always gives one core you will see one core fully loaded and all other free. Usually threads are reassigned every few milliseconds to different cores randomly (or it appears so) and you see that all cores are loaded equally but only for 50% or less (if you have 2 cores - 50% if 4 then 25%)
Strategy tester logic is very sequential because all ticks should be processed one by one in the same order they was created (ordered by it's time). It's not easy to make it work in parallel in more than one thread.

Jump to:  

© 1998-2024 Dukascopy® Bank SA
On-line Currency forex trading with Swiss Forex Broker - ECN Forex Brokerage,
Managed Forex Accounts, introducing forex brokers, Currency Forex Data Feed and News
Currency Forex Trading Platform provided on-line by Dukascopy.com